Bishopton Parish Church Property Committee
The Property Committee is a sub-committee of the Congregational Board and is responsible for the care, repair and maintenance of our three church buildings:-
- The church on Erskine Ferry Road (pictured) which is a ‘B’ listed property built circa 1815.
- The Cornerstone on Greenock Road, refurbished in 2007.
- The manse in Newton Road, a four bed modern detached villa.
All the buildings belong to the Church of Scotland General Trustees.
Much of the major repair/maintenance work is undertaken by specialist contractors, the responsibility of sourcing and choosing the most appropriate contractor being taken by the Property Committee.
Some of our substantial projects include:-
- 2014 Church hall re-roofed £40,000 Organ replaced £12,000
- 2017 Church heating replaced £24,000
- 2018 Church masonry phase 1 £54,000
- 2019 Audio Visual System £15,000
- 2021 Church masonry phase 2 £41,000
However, there are ongoing smaller and routine tasks (similar to home maintenance) which are undertaken by volunteers, each bringing his/her own skills, patience and enthusiasm.
Regular checks and inspections are undertaken on the properties ensuring all are safe and fit for purpose.
We always welcome new volunteers regardless of age, gender and skills whilst enjoying companions and friendship together.
Please contact Ian Earnshaw at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.